Labels

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Beatles Cento


For my first installment I present a cento - a collage poem. This poem was created by using (and tweaking) lyrics from songs by the Beatles. Enjoy


Beatles Cento

Many times I’ve been alone and many times I’ve cried
there’s a shadow hanging over me but in my hour
of darkness, I saw her standing there, standing
right in front of me and all my troubles seemed
so far away; it feels like years since it’s been clear.

Somewhere in her smile she knows – she’s not a girl
who misses much; a girl with kaleidoscope eyes
wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door.
She’s the kind of girl you want so much it makes
you sorry but before too long, I fell in love with her.
It’s a love that lasts forever! It’s a love that has no past!

Words start flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
where do they all come from? “Ooh I need your love babe!
Please believe me I’ll always be true and I don’t need
no other lover. Keep all my love forever ‘cause I’ll never
do you  no harm. Life is very short and there’s no time
so I hope you see that I would love to love you. Now close
your eyes and I’ll kiss you.” 

No reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment